Very Newbie Help

A swapping-ground for Regular Expression syntax

Very Newbie Help

Postby gsd2017 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 am

I have thousands of Ebooks I need to fix the filenames on and trying to get them all correct using Bulk Rename Utility but I am out of my depth on expressions.

I have a few files that have authors names like below but want to correct them all at the same times.

First remove the (.) from their middle initials.

- Isabella L. Bird.mobi (currently)
- Isabella L Bird.mobi (corrected) but not sure how to use the expression to do this.

Second I have many where the author name is last, first and I want them all to be first last.

- Maguire, Gregory.epub (currently)
- Gregory Maguire.epub (corrected)

Not sure if this can be down in BRU but I am willing to try since I have over 95K of files. Thank you so much ahead of time too on any help :D .

Also if there is an expression to remove extra spaces between characters would be nice too... hand doing them sucks :( .

v/r,

Greg
gsd2017

Re: Very Newbie Help

Postby therube » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Are .mobi & .epub the file name extensions?
Other then the (.) on the middle name, could there be any other (.) in the filename?
Likewise the comma after the Last-name, could there be any other (,) in the filename?
therube

Re: Very Newbie Help

Postby gsd2017 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Yes .mobi and .epub are the file name extensions. Yes there maybe some other (.) and (,) in the name since when you get some they put periods between each word. For the most part got rid of all them and left with these ones.
gsd2017

Return to Regular Expressions