Renaming mp3 files with Artist - Title

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Renaming mp3 files with Artist - Title

Postby gavin35 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:34 am

Hi,
I've been using BRU for years for renaming mp3 files and its worked perfectly. However I recently got a new PC with Windows 11 and I cant do the same jobs that I could previously.
I download a lot of music and want to rename each file with Artist - Track Name - BPM. On Windows 10 my process was to Remove 100 characters from the name, then in Add I'd use a suffix of <(Contributing artists)> - <(Title)> <(Beats-per-minute)> which worked perfectly. Since I upgraded to the new PC this suffix comes up blank on BRU. THe remove 100 characters works fine but nothing gets added. I have spent a lot of time looking through this forum and the closes I came to was adding %r - %t in suffix. For some files it worked but in most others (I was renaming about 200 mp3 files) for some reason this just picked a random Artist from the folder and listed it against the files.
Anyone have similar issues or any suggestions for a fix?
gavin35

File properties needs a checkmark inside of "Renaming Option

Postby Luuk » Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:26 pm

First to verify a checkmark inside for the menu... "Renaming Options, ID3/ExifData/FileProperties, Extract Windows File Properties"
Then something like... <(Contributing artists) - ><(Title)>< (Beats-per-minute)> cant insert separators, if any metadata is missing.
Luuk

Re: Renaming mp3 files with Artist - Title

Postby gavin35 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:59 pm

thank you so much Luuk. That worked. I hadnt checked the box for Extrack Windows File Properties.

You've saved me a lot of time thanks :)
gavin35

Return to How-To